Yangyang International Airport as the Gateway Airport for 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games
Gateway to Gangwon Province and become a hub airport for tourism and logistics in Northeast Asia
2,500m runway, the airport can serve a 277-seats airplane
- The airport serves A321, B737, A300 (277 seats), A321 (220 seats), B767 (260 seats)
- 43,000 take-off and landing per year (118 take-offs and landing per day) and 3.17 million passengers per year (8,685 passengers per day).
The closest Airport to the PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games Venue in korea.
- From Yangyang Int’l Airport ⇔ Olympic venue : 40~ 50 min..
- Incheon Int’l Airport / Gimpo Int’l Airport ⇔ Olympic Venue: 3 hrs 30 min
- Cheongju Int’l Airport ⇔ Olympic Venue : 2 hrs 40 min.
Countinuous Extending its air routes to major cities in China and Russia
- Connecting major cities in China and Russia: Shanghai, Chongqing, Chengdu, Yanji, Dalian, Changsha, Shenyang, Yinchuan, Harbin, Xían, Changchun, Nanchang, Taiyuan, Fuzhou, Hefei, Tianjin
- The airport is planning to operating as regular flight service to major cities in China .
Advantages of using Yangyang Int’l Airport
① Connecting host cities of Winter Olympic Games: 2018 PyeongChang ⇔ 2022 Beijing.
② 120-hour visa-free entry through a tour program connecting “Gangwon Province + Seoul + Jeju Island” via YNY.
③ Plenty of tourism resources within 2 hours from the airport.
(Natural resources) Mt.Seoraksan National park, Naksansa Temple, East Coast , Nami island, Gyeongpodae Pavillion, Jeongdongjin (photo).
( Activities) Seaside Train, Rail Bike riding, Ski JumpStadium, Hanji Theme Park (.
(Shopping) Alpensia Butti Outlet, Sokcho FishMarket, Jumunjin Fish Market (photo).