Tourism in Gangwon Province
Beauty of Gangwon
You are invited to the beautiful land of Gangwon Province.
The best Getaway place chosen by Koreans
Origin of Korean Wave
- The Heirs starring Lee Min-ho and Park Shin-hye.
- That Winter, the Wind Blows starring Song Hye-kyo and Jo In-sung.
- Six Flying Dragons starring Yoo Ah-in and Shin Se-kyung.
- Saimdang the Herstory starring Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon.
The Province Filled with four seasons joyful festival
- Spring: Gyeongpo Cherry Blossom Festival, Gangneung Danoje Festival, Chuncheon International Mime Festival, Yanggu Festival, Kim Yoo-Jeong's Literature Festival, Samcheok Maengbang Canola Flower Festival.
- Summer: Mangsang Beach Festival, Hwacheon Tomato Festival, Korea Music Festival, Donggang Festival, Goseong Lavender Festival.
- Autumn: Yangyang Pine Mushroom Festival, Buckwheat Flower Festival, Mindungsan Mountain Eulalia Festival, Wonju Hanji Festival, Jeongseon Arirang Festival, Gangneung Coffee Festival.
- Winter: Hwacheon Sancheoneo Festival, Taebaeksan Mountain Snow Festival, Inje Icefish Festival, Daegwallyeong Snow Festival, Hongcheongang Ggong Gong Festival.
Trustful Local food from clean nature
- Chuncheon Dakgalbi and Makguksu with great tast of mixuring ingredients
- Bibimbap made with organic greens.
- Korean beef grown with eco-friendly fertilizers.
- Fresh seafood.
Special Hands-on activities
- Daegwallyong Sheep Ranch and its green pasture
- Exciting and joyful Fun Ski and Ru-Ski Festival.
- Seaside Train runs along the east coast.
- feeling warm heart of Gangwon at Jeongseon 5-Day Market
Various and convenient travel information
- Translating service for foreign tourist (free) +82-()80-840-0505
- website: http://www.gangwon.to/
- e-book for Chinese visitors: http://goo.gl/0H3cqD
- Booking guesthouse at Mt.Seoraksan Mountain: http://seorak.so/
- Joining Hwacheon Sancheoneo Festival (every January) through C-trip travel agency in China or Guangdong South Lake International Travel Service
- Shuttle bus service for skiers covering ten cities including Seoul ↔ all the way to ski resorts