2016 Dream Program
- you are champs! we are friends!
Gangwon Province helps worldwide children chase their dream of Winter Olympic Games. “Dream Program”
A good program that has continued since 2004
- With Dream Program, participants share friendship across countries and races in systematic training and cultural experience with a view to broadening the basis for winter sports and spreading Olympic movement.
- 1,574 persons (1,469 non-impaired and 105 impaired) from 75 countries has participated for 12 years.
Achievement of Dream Program
- Promotion of international friendship.
- Contribution to the development of world winter sports.
- Nurturing talented winter sports athletes(166 Dream Program participants has competed in international competitions).
In 2016, Dream Program starts its 13th initiative.
- Period : January 17 to January 29, 2016(13 days)
- Venue : Alpensia of Pyeongchang and Gangneung Ice Arena
- Participants : 190 persons from 45 countries(including 30 impaired persons form 7 countries)
① Winter Sports program
- Sports training (ski, paraski, snowboard, cross-country skiing, biathlon, figure skating, short track speed skating)
- Lectures on the meaning of sports and social contribution through sports.
- Tour of Olympic facilities and trying out (bobsleigh, biathlon, curling)
② Cultural program in experiencing Korean culture.
The significance of Dream Program
- It is an Olympic legacy program recognized by IOC and IPC.
- It provides a venue for the promotion of Korean culture and cultural exchange.
- It contributes to the realization of Peace Olympics by inviting refugee youths from North Korea and other disputed regions.